Tilly and The Buttons Cleo Sewing Pattern
SEW AN EASY PINAFORE OR DUNGAREE DRESS!
favourite Cleo is a pinafore or dungaree dress that’s easy to sew and easy to wear. Throw it on over a t-shirt, blouse or roll-neck sweater for year-round style. Once you try Cleo, you’ll wonder how you lived without it!
- Perfect for beginner sewists
- Make it either dungaree-style with buckles or as a pinafore with buttons
- Choice of mini-length or knee-length hem with front split
- Choice of patch pockets on the chest, hips and/or back
- Looks great on all ages – and includes XS size for teens and tweens!
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas, wool.
- Fabric – Mini length - 1.2m (1¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.8m (2 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
Knee length - 1.3m (1 3/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.9m (2 1/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- 0.4m (3/8 yards) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 2 x 30-35mm (1¼ - 1½in) wide dungaree buckles OR 2 x 15-20mm (5/8-7/8in) buttons and buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch needles
- Sewing machine and basic tools